Tuesday, October 7, 2008

box of chocolates

Aside from my nasty habit of snooping around other people’s blogs (thanks, Lean, for the idea) and my obsession with a listahan, I decided to come up with my own “box of chocolates.” I know, I know you’re wondering what bull I’m up to this time.

Di ba when we get a full box of Swiss or Belgian chocolates, we all get this giddy feeling, parang ang sarap sumigaw, ang sarap kiligin, ang sarap sumayaw, ang sarap tumalon kasi ang daming chocolate???

So to make up with my anxieties I’ve been having lately, I’ve come up with a listahan that makes me smile and that gives me this child-like excitement and silly grin:

- my collection of outrageous, kikay shoes – my Steve Madden polka dot round-toe pumps, my brown lace peep toe pumps with ribbon on the side, my yellow flats, my snake-skin open toe stiletto, my cerulean-colored stiletto. How I wish makabili ako ng Jimmy Choo, Christian Louboutin and Manolo Blahnik someday. *sigh*

- old pictures from travels – those were the days when we used to travel the lupang hinirang almost every week. Did I mention the travels were for free?

- my make-up – sorry na, maarte ako. I’m just so thankful for mineral make-up. Sige na, hindi na ako magku-kwento about make-up.

- my books – lately, mejo sila ang nagiging bestfriend ko. They take me to places unimaginable. When I’m lonely, they keep me company. When I’m bored, they amuse me. When I’m broke, sila ang dahilan. =p

- social networking sites and blogging. These are my avenues where I can express my thoughts, my creativity and it’s become therapeutic. I also get updates from old friends from these sites. I also develop my stalking skills thru these. In Friendster alone, I have 271 friends and counting. Not bad huh? And to my readers, sana dumami pa kayo! (as if! hahaha)

- my taste in music – it’s something intangible, but I’m glad I get to appreciate a wide range of music genre. I’m tagged as the resident DJ in my office. Hehe. I remember when my friends would make me guess the song title the minute the first note plays. Right now, my favorite songs are Kalapana’s The Real Thing and Moony’s Flying Away.

- my gift of words – I believe I can write well. It’s catharsis for me.

- my PDA phone – I am a proud owner of a Samsung Blackjack and although it’s a little bit pricey, it has done wonders. It keeps me always on time for meetings, it always reminds me of friend’s birthdays, it has a “countdown” to everything, I get to keep a number of mp3s, I can check my email anytime anywhere, I can take nice pictures with its built-in camera, etc. etc. There’s one thing that it CANNOT do though: the alarm to drag my sluggish butt off the bed every morning. Tsk tsk

- my black croc skin bag with zebra print accent – a gift from tickled pink. I luveeeet! I’m still hoping I could save enough money to buy a Speedy 30. The earlier, the better ;-)

- long hot baths with matching scented candles – I’m at my most creative when I’m in the shower. I get to pray, plan my day and self-talk when I’m washing my hair. Try it, ang saya!

- my black and silver slim havaianas – gives me the illusion of beautiful feet even if they’re the ugliest. Very dependable! Everyone should have a pair. It’s also our friendship slippers *wink*

- sleeping while it’s raining hard outside – it’s nice to fall asleep when you hear the pitter-patter of raindrops on the roof.

- my nail polish collection – it never fails to uplift my girly spirits.

- cooking and eating my comfort food – I love cream pasta and soup. I wanna learn how to prepare risotto and steak though.

Simple joys.

Life is short.

Have fun while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment