Monday, July 9, 2007

After 20 long years, I was able to see my cousins for the first time -- Aimee, Ross, Raymond & Ryan. They haven’t changed a bit, I mean I recognized them the very minute I laid eyes on them. Aimee cut her hair short as in cropped, Ross grows beard (tolerable according to my standards), Raymond dresses well (and the tallest among the brood) and Ryan, my “baby,” didn’t grow much (hehe). I was so happy to see them again. Gee, I never imagined we’d still see each other in this lifetime. Good thing Tito Mongget loves surprises and they were really planning to inform us of their arrival a day before. One of the smart ones told him that we might go somewhere so we have to be informed at once. Even the kids weren’t informed about the trip until recently. No idea of their itinerary even.

I’m just so jealous their planning a trip to El Nido (drool). I wish I could come but they’ll be staying there for a week. That’s too long, man! I have work. Plus, I don’t have cash to burn. Hehe.

It was a total nosebleed, you know, talking to them! Haha! Just kidding. Good thing their folks are so used to speaking Tagalog at home so they could perfectly understand the dialect. They’d just answer back in English though. But that’s not bad huh?

They brought a lot of American mags with them (gossip mags! Woohoo!). They got me a Juicy Couture bag & wallet. Lipgloss, perfume & an oversized red bag (I just sooooo love it). Aimee also got me this cocktail ring (locket). It’s so cute I can’t take it off my finger.

We had dinner at Abe in Serendra. Wouldn’t wasn’t that great. They serve Kapampangan dishes. Would u believe, Aimee ordered crickets??? Ross even tasted it (he’s a bit picky with food. I remember him being the fastfood type). Raymond & I were hesitant to try it at first, but we decided to give it a go.

Raymond and Ryan are more sociable than the two. Aimee is mahinhin and Ross needs to socialize more.

Will tell you more about our adventure soon.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment