Friday, August 15, 2008

my priorities

last night's household was a breath of fresh air. i learned something new (again) about myself and my sisters and borthers.

earl & camille challenged us to come up with a list of how we prioritize 5 major points in our lives: prayer time, service, family, career, relationships. They told us to rank them they we prioritize them now and how we want them to be prioritized.

syempre, the ever pasaway, i came up with my own gimik. i ranked them according to how i value things before SFC, and now that i am one of them.

Before:

1. relationships - i was happy with what was going on in my life. i thought i had it all, i could just die.

2. career - money was a big factor then. i was materialistic. i was, for a time, married to the mall.

3. family - they're just there. everyone's healthy, everyone's at peace, everyone happy. i know that no matter what i do, i know my parents are just there. they'd love me no matter what.

4. prayer - ack! i had everything a girl could ever ask for. i don't need it.

5. service - i used to live for myself.

But now (and I'm proud of it):

1. prayer time - for me, this is the most "convenient" thing to do - because you can do this anytime, anywhere. lately, the first thing that i do when i open my eyes in the morning is pray. simply to thank and ask for guidance. i learned somewhere that prayer is not a spare tire we pull out everytime we feel our life has gone flat. rather,we should use it as a steering wheel to navigate us to our path where god wants us to be.

2. family - i come from a very small family, although i must admit we dont have a very open relationship, but we find ways to communicate. i'm still working on this part. i learned to value my parents more now, most especially when my dad got sick.

3. relationships [romantic (ulk!) or otherwise] - the people who keep me grounded; it's god's way of telling me that he loves me thru the friends he gave me.

4. career - it puts food on the table alright, but i believe i wasnt born to work. i work to live. i think ive already proven something,although not that grand (yet),pero im happy where i am now.

5. service - this is one thing i need to exert an effort in. although i intend to serve (charity), the thought is there,but i need to execute. like on my bday,instead of receiving gifts,i wanna be the one to pay it forward now. i believe ive been very blessed,so why not share the blessing?

so there, i challenge you to come up with your priorities too.

1 comment:

  1. i'm soo proud of you friendship. i'm happy that you're happy =) sana i'll be able to join sfc too.

    ReplyDelete