Sunday, February 19, 2012

untitled post

I've been staring at a blank screen for almost 10 minutes, struggling for a witty/funny/sarcastic title for this entry.  I couldn't think of any that will give the contents any justice.

Yesterday, I was at a college barkada's daughter's birthday shindig. it was our last few gatherings before she heads back to Canada where she'd been living after getting married.  At a young age of 31, though, she's now a widow as her husband succumbed to the Big C late last year.

Anyhow, there's this one, dare I say, disturbing observation we had that I wasn't certain whether funny or otherwise -- we're the only ones who did not have any child in tow!  No matter how fun the games and the magic shows were, we just couldn't be the "stage moms" we possibly can... and I know we have the potential, BIG TIME!  We've been observing, looking around the room -- kids dressed up like their moms, moms wiping icing off their kid's faces, dads exerting relentless efforts to hush their crying child, or mom or dad moving heaven and earth so their kids can beat everyone in the next "bring me" category.

On second thought, am I ready for it?  Am I ready to gorge on the leftover spaghetti, fried chicken and hotdog that my child wasn't able to handle?  Am I ready to pick a child throwing a tantrum up? Hmmm....

I'll have one when it's time :-)



PS: Any appropriate title for this post? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment